PagerDuty Review

Upgrades are straightforward; there are no major hassles.

What is most valuable?

Obviously, scheduling the calls is a valuable feature. We have a feature where there were three calls: primary one, primary two and primary three. If this guy doesn't pick up, it will respond a certain way; that's the most valuable feature. We use it on the weekends. If some customer escalates, I'll get a page, if my manager doesn't pick up. That's one of the great features; I love it.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see them increase the content base and add integrations with different systems, for example, with ZenDesk or Slack; if it could integrate more with those types of systems. We use ZenDesk; I’d like to link this to ZenDesk. I’d like more integration points.

There has been some downtime, but it did not impact the business. It's pretty stable. It's reliable.

It's scalable. They have a very flexible billing system. There is a minimum of 15 or 20 numbers or users. If you add more money, you can add more users. It's pretty scalable. We haven’t experienced any scalability issues up until this point.

Their technical support has excellent notes. When you get notified, you can instantly see all of the details, organized on a timeline. That is very good technical support.

When I joined the company, it was already there; they were already using it.

Upgrades are straightforward; there are no major hassles.

What other advice do I have?

Evaluate your requirements first. Determine the number of users. What is your user base? Are you going to grow more? That's what I would decide.

When I select working with vendors, I look for a more reliable solution. I want something that meets my requirements. I don't worry about the UI and stuff like that, as long as it's reliable; as long as it meets the SLAs.

More PagerDuty reviews from users
...who compared it with VictorOps
Learn what your peers think about PagerDuty. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
534,299 professionals have used our research since 2012.