PagerDuty Review

Mitigates threats and has good alarming features

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is for alarming and to mitigate threats in our organization.

What is most valuable?

The feature I like the most is the alarming.

What needs improvement?

Something that needs to be improved is adding multilingual support.

I'be been using PagerDuty for four years now.

PagerDuty is very stable and very reliable.

As far as we've used it with clients, it has been very scalable and we don't have time limits yet. We currently have 20 users, who are IT technicians, operators, and managers. We do have plans to increase our usage in the future, but right now we're mainly using the alarming functionality of the solution.

We haven't used the technical support yet.

The initial setup was straightforward and it took us a few months for deployment. We did everything ourselves and now we have one person responsible for deployment and maintenance.

Licensing costs are around $700 a month and the only additional costs are phone costs in some instances.

We looked at some other options, including on-site servers, but decided to go with PagerDuty.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise others to make sure it's a good fit for their organization and that you have your internal organization sketched out before you install the product. I rate this a solid nine out of ten.

In the next version I would like to see multilingual support.