Palo Alto Networks K2-Series Review

Easy to manage with a web-based interface, and the WildFire option is helpful

What is our primary use case?

We are a system integrator and this Palo Alto K2-Series is one of the firewall products that we implement for our customers.

What is most valuable?

This firewall is very good for our customers because they don't have to write their own rules for adding an application.

The WildFire feature is very good.

Using Panorama and the web interface makes it easy to manage.

What needs improvement?

The reporting functionality in GlobalProtect needs to be improved. Other products, such as Check Point, have better reporting features that give more reports.

The price of the K2-Series should be lowered.

The dashboard could be improved by adding more GUI components.

We have about three years of experience with the Palo Alto K2-Series in my company, although I have only been working with this solution for about one year.

Palo Alto is very stable. In my previous job, I had not faced any stability issues.

All of the higher-level Palo Alto products are scalable.

We are the first level of support for our customers. If the problem is very complicated and we cannot solve it then we open a case through the distributor, which is the second level. After that, if they cannot solve it, the case is escalated directly to the Palo Alto technical team. Generally, if we cannot solve it then the distributor cannot either.

We also have experience with Check Point firewalls, as well as with solutions from Fortinet. I think that Palo Alto is better than Check Point in terms of threat prevention, and both of these are better than Fortinet. Palo Alto, however, is very expensive compared to Fortinet.

Check Point has better reporting and a better dashboard but is more difficult to install. Price-wise, they are similar.

The initial setup is very easy compared to Check Point. It is not hard for me to install and configure features such as High Availability.

We implement and deploy this solution for our customers. We also provide maintenance and support.

Palo Alto firewalls are very expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

More Palo Alto Networks K2-Series reviews from users