Palo Alto Networks K2-Series Review

Excellent support, and easy initial setup and great features

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution as a next-generation firewall.

What is most valuable?

This company is a leader in the space.

The company is inventive and always adds a lot of great features.

The support on the solution is excellent.

The initial setup is pretty easy.

What needs improvement?

The company needs to align better with the customer. At the price point they offer, they need to be as good or better than the competition. They're losing market because they aren't there yet in that regard.

When it comes to renewing the solution, they tend to try to jack up the pricing.

We've been using the solution for almost five years now.

From a hardware point of view, we don't face any issues whatsoever. It's not glitchy or buggy. It doesn't crash. it's reliable.

The technical support has been excellent. We've very satisfied with the level of service they provide. It's one of the main selling features of the product.

Compared to the competition, support is excellent across the board.

We don't find the solution to be overly complex in terms of the initial setup. They make their implementation process pretty clear.

The deployment can happen in one week. It doesn't take too long. Sometimes, if you are new to the product, it might take a month or so.

We tend to use consultants when we implement the solution.

The licensing costs are too high. They need to become more competitive in that regard. We constantly need to bargain to get better pricing.

They tend to take advantage once the product has been sold to us. From a renewal point of view, the price is very high. They are demanding. That itself is creating a bad mark on them.

From a cost perspective, I'd rate the solution two out of ten.

I am trying to avoid Palo Alto, even though they have a very good solution, specifically due to the cost.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer.

From a technical support perspective, I'd easily rate them nine out of ten. If they didn't try to price gouge on renewals, I'd likely rate them higher.

Due to their pricing strategy, especially around renewals, I would not recommend them. We have 20+ firewalls, and we feel the heat when it comes time to renew the solution.

More Palo Alto Networks K2-Series reviews from users
...who compared it with Cisco Firepower NGFW Firewall
Learn what your peers think about Palo Alto Networks K2-Series. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,535 professionals have used our research since 2012.