Palo Alto Networks NG Firewalls Review

Good security, integrates well with third-party services, includes DLP, and the support is good

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and one of the Palo Alto products that we implement for our clients is the Next-Generation Firewall. It is used to protect your workflows in cloud environments, be it Azure, AWS, or Google. It can also protect your applications' databases that are on-premises.

What is most valuable?

This firewall will scan the network for vulnerabilities and malware.

It can prevent unauthorized access to the network.

This solution has a DLP function.

They are regularly releasing new versions that include more integration with third-party services. Examples of services that have already been integrated are Splunk and two-factor authentication.

What needs improvement?

Having a better pricing model would make this product more competitive, and more affordable for our customers.

We have been dealing with next-generation firewalls from Palo Alto for more than five years.

So far, this solution has been stable.

The product is scalable and it can be integrated with third-party solutions.

We have many clients who are using this firewall.

The technical support from Palo Alto is good.

In terms of firewalls, we use Palo Alto, Cisco, and Fortinet FortiGate.

The next-generation firewall can be installed either on-premises or in a cloud-based deployment.

The NG firewall is an expensive solution.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
More Palo Alto Networks NG Firewalls reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Cisco ASA Firewall
Learn what your peers think about Palo Alto Networks NG Firewalls. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
512,221 professionals have used our research since 2012.