Palo Alto Networks NG Firewalls Review

Comprehensive, stable, with good services, application layers, and good support

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of this solution are all of the services it provides.

The application layer to the hardware Layer is good, as are all layers it offers.

It's a very comprehensive solution.

What needs improvement?

The features should be built into the system. For example, it generates many logs with a lot of information that can be converted into security and business information and shown to the user. This is a time-consuming job.

I would like to see it provide us with intelligent information from the data that it captures, within the same cost.

I have been using this solution for two years.

It's a very stable product, so far.

It's very scalable. We have 300 users in our company.

Technical support is very good.

We have worked with various firewalls such as Check Point, Sophos, Cisco, and some unknown product names as well.

There are several things to consider before recommending a solution. It depends on the business requirements, the budget, and the complexity of the security needs.

I believe that Palo Alto is the best one, then Check Point and Sophos. Those are my three preferences.

Palo Alto and Check Point would be rated an eight out of ten and the others would be a seven out of ten.

The initial setup is complex, but it can be done.

The rollout takes a couple of weeks but you have to keep improving it every day.

Part of the setup was completed by me, with some help externally.

We have a subcontractor for maintenance.

This is an expensive product, as are the others of this type.

What other advice do I have?

Know your business requirements, the features, the ease of use, and know what type of budget you have. These are the types of requirements to know before you use this product.

2020
More Palo Alto Networks NG Firewalls reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Cisco ASA Firewall
Learn what your peers think about Palo Alto Networks NG Firewalls. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
524,194 professionals have used our research since 2012.