Palo Alto Networks NG Firewalls Review

A stable and easy-to-deploy solution with good support and useful UTM module

What is our primary use case?

We're basically an MSSP service provider. We use this solution as a network firewall for URL filtering, IPS, and IDS proxy services.

What is most valuable?

The Unified Threat Management (UTM) module, which consists of the basic firewall and IPS services, is what the majority of our customers use in Palo Alto Firewall.

What needs improvement?

Its scalability for on-prem deployments can be better. For an on-prem deployment, the hardware has to be replaced if the volume goes up to a certain level.

We have been using this solution for a couple of years.

It is stable.

It is much more scalable in a cloud deployment, but for an on-prem deployment, the hardware has to be replaced if the volume goes up to a certain level.

We have very few customers of this solution. We probably have five to ten customers.

Their technical support is very good. It is more often the AMC support that we have to take.

It is fairly easy. We're not seeing many challenges in these installations. The complete installation can take a lot of time because we have to configure all the policies and other things. After the hardware is installed and the network is connected, you need one or two people for configuring the policies for use cases.

After the hardware and software are procured, it is the AMC support that has to be renewed yearly.

What other advice do I have?

We plan to keep using this solution depending on the customers' needs. We also have a cloud-based platform on Fortinet, and we provide it as a service.

I would rate Palo Alto Networks NG Firewalls an eight out of ten.

More Palo Alto Networks NG Firewalls reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Cisco ASA Firewall
Learn what your peers think about Palo Alto Networks NG Firewalls. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,817 professionals have used our research since 2012.