Palo Alto Networks NG Firewalls Review

Easy to install and easy to configure policies, but needs better integration with SD-WAN and better pricing

What is our primary use case?

It is our edge appliance. We use it for our edge security, and we also use it for our VPN termination.

We're using an old version of this solution. At this moment, I'm looking at migrating away from Palo Alto.

What is most valuable?

The ease of use and the ease of configuration of our policies are the most valuable features.

What needs improvement?

Palo Alto could do better with integrating the Palo Alto Next-Gen Firewall with SD-WAN.

The biggest issue with Palo Alto is that they are expensive. They are very expensive for what they offer. They should improve their pricing.

I have been using this solution for six or seven years.

We have about a thousand users.

We have third-party support.

I used Cisco ASA.

Its installation was pretty straightforward. There were no problems there.

Deployment duration is difficult to tell because there is a whole world of planning and other things. It probably took a couple of days. You are, of course, always tweaking these things.

I haven't installed it here, but where I was before, we had two people doing it. I and a colleague did it ourselves.

It is expensive.

What other advice do I have?

There are multiple firewalls out there. I am moving away from them because they are expensive, and they don't do what I want to do with them. I have plans of getting FortiGate instead.

I would rate Palo Alto Networks NG Firewalls a six out of ten.

More Palo Alto Networks NG Firewalls reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Cisco ASA Firewall
Learn what your peers think about Palo Alto Networks NG Firewalls. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,189 professionals have used our research since 2012.