Palo Alto Networks NG Firewalls Review

An innovative platform that secures our network

What is our primary use case?

We plan to continue using this solution. Within our organization, there are roughly 1,000 employees using this solution.

What is most valuable?

We chose Palo Alto for its security features. It's quite nice. It's very user-friendly, powerful, and there are barely any bugs.

We have been using this solution for roughly two years.

This solution is very stable.

The scalability of the firewalls could be improved. You can't scale the physical firewalls because Palo Alto doesn't support clustering.

The support could be improved. They could be faster.

They have a multi-layer model of support. If we're experiencing any issues, we have to go to our local partner. If our local partner can't help, then we have to go through a distribution layer that's certified from Palo Alto. If our issues can't be fixed, they will escalate them to the vendor. This can be quite annoying, to be honest.

With Cisco, for example, you can open a ticket directly with the vendors themselves, and they can escalate it internally, which is much faster.

We used to use Juniper Firewalls.

The initial setup is quite straightforward.

We deployed this solution with some help from our local partners. Overall, deployment took a couple of days. A team of three deployed this solution.

This solution is quite expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I would absolutely recommend this solution to others. Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give this solution a rating of nine.

Version 9
More Palo Alto Networks NG Firewalls reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Cisco ASA Firewall
Learn what your peers think about Palo Alto Networks NG Firewalls. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,817 professionals have used our research since 2012.