Palo Alto Networks NG Firewalls Review

The best firewall with easy configuration, excellent support, and good security and protection features

What is our primary use case?

We shifted an existing network from Cisco to Palo Alto. It was like a branch to head office network.

We have done public and private cloud deployments as well as on-prem deployments. We are using versions 8, 9, and 10.

What is most valuable?

IoT security is most valuable in the current version. Content IDs, DDoS protection, zone protection, and DLP are the most prominent features in Palo Alto Networks NG Firewall. It is easier to configure than other solutions.

What needs improvement?

People sometimes find it more expensive as compared to other solutions. There are also fewer training opportunities for Palo Alto than Cisco and other vendors.

I have been using this solution for the last four or five years.

It is working fine.

Its scalability has been fine for our use cases. It is good for large-scale environments, and there are no problems.

Their technical support is excellent.

It is very straightforward. They also have a very good script, so it runs very smoothly.

It is expensive as compared to other brands.

What other advice do I have?

If we are comparing firewalls, this is the best firewall. I would rate Palo Alto Networks NG Firewall a nine out of ten.

Microsoft Azure
More Palo Alto Networks NG Firewalls reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Cisco ASA Firewall
Learn what your peers think about Palo Alto Networks NG Firewalls. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,817 professionals have used our research since 2012.