Palo Alto Networks NG Firewalls Review

An easy setup with good malware protection and excellent technical support

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution as security - as a next-generation firewall.

What is most valuable?

The application control portion of the solution is its most valuable aspect.

The malware protection on offer is excellent.

The initial setup is very easy.

We found the scalability to be quite good.

The stability is excellent.

Technical support is great.

The interface is very user-friendly.

What needs improvement?

Either the application or the vendor needs to provide a more updated list of internet applications.

The price of the solution is very high.

We've been dealing with the solution for about three or so years at this point. It's been a while now.

The solution has been extremely stable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's very reliable.

We tend to work with enterprise-level organizations.

The scalability is quite good. If a company needs to scale, it can do so with ease.

We found the technical support to be quite good. They are helpful, knowledgeable, and responsive. We have no complaints. We are very satisfied with the service they provide to us.

We also work with Fortinet.

I'd likely recommend Palo Alto over Fortinet as I find Palo Alto to be more user-friendly. The performance is also very good.

We found the initial setup to be very simple and straightforward. It was not overly complex or difficult. A company shouldn't have any trouble implementing the solution.

The deployment is also very quick. It only takes about ten to 15 minutes or so.

The cost, overall, is pretty expensive.

What other advice do I have?

We are a Palo Alto partner. We are a systems integrator.

I'd recommend the solution. If a company has the budget, I would suggest the product to them. If a customer has a more limited budget, however, I would highly recommend Fortinet as an option.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten.

More Palo Alto Networks NG Firewalls reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Cisco ASA Firewall
Learn what your peers think about Palo Alto Networks NG Firewalls. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
524,194 professionals have used our research since 2012.