Palo Alto Networks NG Firewalls Review

Provides a reliable central firewall

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution as our central firewall, but not as a perimeter firewall. For our perimeter, we use another solution.

Our organization consists of roughly 2,000 to 3,000 employees.

What is most valuable?

Identifying applications is very easy with this solution.

What needs improvement?

I don't like the reporting. The reports it provides are not helpful. They should include more executive summaries and other important information — they're too technical.

I have been using this solution for three years.

The stability is excellent.

The technical support is good, but not excellent. Their responses can be quite vague and unhelpful at times.

We used to use Checkpoint. We stopped using it because the price was too high.

Considering our limited amount of experience, the initial setup was easy. Deployment took one month.

A local reseller team of roughly three to five people implemented it for us — it was a great experience.

We evaluated Palo Alto, Checkpoint, Fortinet, and Cisco Firepower. Overall, it came down to the price — that's why we went with Palo Alto Networks NG Firewalls.

What other advice do I have?

This solution is very particular; it's only suited to specific companies — it's a commercial opportunity.

Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give this solution a rating of eight.

More Palo Alto Networks NG Firewalls reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Cisco ASA Firewall
Learn what your peers think about Palo Alto Networks NG Firewalls. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,690 professionals have used our research since 2012.