Palo Alto Networks Panorama Review

Operate more efficiently with fewer errors in security measures

What is our primary use case?

We are using it to manage the configuration of the firewall to validate that the environment is properly hardened (i.e., vulnerabilities are minimized).

How has it helped my organization?

Networks Panorama has improved our organization by allowing us to operate more efficiently and make sure that fewer errors are made in our security setup and choices.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature in my opinion is the compliance capabilities that help us meet defined requirements. These features are very effective at identifying things that need to be properly hardened.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see Networks Panorama more integrated into the firewall solutions rather than being a separate component. This would be helpful so that we can do rule-based change management for the firewall through it as well.

I have been using Palo Alto Networks Panorama for about nine months.

I think that Networks Panorama has been a very stable solution.

I have not had any issues in working with the scalability of the product. We have about five users who are primarily IP security that work directly with the product. The number of users is not a problem. The scalability obviously has to do with applying the product to the architecture.

My experience with Palo Alto technical support has been excellent.

The installation and setup are very straightforward.

The pricing model is reasonable for this class of solutions.

What other advice do I have?

Implementing Palo Alto Panorama is something I would strongly recommend for people who are considering it that have a need for this kind of security solution. It makes your life a lot easier in building a robust security response.

On a scale from one to ten (where one is the worst and ten is the best), I would rate this product overall as a nine-out-of-ten. If they fix the integration, that would bring it up pretty much right to a ten-of-ten at least for now.

Hybrid Cloud

Microsoft Azure
More Palo Alto Networks Panorama reviews from users
...who compared it with FireMon
Learn what your peers think about Palo Alto Networks Panorama. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
512,221 professionals have used our research since 2012.