Palo Alto Networks Panorama Review

A straightforward setup with a user-friendly interface

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is to have as a management tool for firewalls.

What is most valuable?

The interface is very easy to use. You can do most jobs from one single console.

What needs improvement?

The general customer feedback is when saving the configuration, it takes a long time. That needs to be fixed. The troubleshooting, the debugging part is also a little bit of a pain. It's not user-friendly on the interface to do our debugging when comparing it with other firewalls, like Forcepoint.

It would be nice to have a real-time traffic monitoring console similar to Forcepoint firewalls where you can see in real-time instead of having to keep on refreshing, or maybe a command on the console where you are able to see the traffic.

The solution needs to work on speeding up the committing time.

I have been installing the solution for eight years.

The solution is stable.

The solution is very scalable. If you have a large enterprise network, where you have 30 or 40 firewalls, you can see everything and you're able to administer all the firewalls on one single console. We typically install the solution for medium-sized to enterprise-level businesses.

We're not fully satisfied with technical support. Sometimes it's hard to get in touch with them. In regards to the first level of support engineers, it could be nice to know that they had more expert experience on the device so they can immediately resolve issues.

The initial setup is straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend the solution. I find Palo Alto is the easiest product to deploy.

I would rate the solution eight out of ten.