Palo Alto Networks Prisma Public Cloud Review

Ensures compliance and keeps us free of bad actors

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case for this solution was to run the rule set for the CIS 20 framework and HIPAA compliance.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution will ensure that we've got a more secure environment, mitigating any sort of bad actors coming in and either destroying or disrupting the environment.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is that the rule set is managed and that it can be run on a regularly scheduled basis.

What needs improvement?

The pricing for the solution needs improvement.

The stability of this solution is very good. Very favorable.

We have four people involved with this solution. They are administrators and DevOps resources.

The solution is currently used across our entire environment. I bought licenses for one hundred hosts and I only have twenty-eight. So, there will be no incremental cost for me until I exceed one hundred hosts, which is a long way away.

Technical support is very good. They have been very responsive to various requests in the past.

We did not use another solution prior to this one.

The initial setup was very straightforward. RedLock was very helpful in setting up the environment. The deployment took approximately two hours.

Two people are required for deployment and maintenance.

We worked with a reseller. They are Rocus Networks out of Charlotte, North Carolina. We had a very good experience with them.

Our licensing fees are $18,000 USD per year. There are no costs in addition to the standard licensing fees.

We evaluated the Dome9 solution in addition to this one. RedLock was selected based on Rocus' recommendation.

What other advice do I have?

This is a product for which I had a very specific need, and my security partner recommended it. This product is one of the leaders. I would, however, suggest that you do a POC before implementing this solution.

It has very good support in all of the cloud environments. I think that they offer a lot of functionality in supporting that space. I don't think that this product is perfect, but it fits my needs perfectly.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.