Palo Alto Networks Prisma SaaS Review

Hands-off security that we don't have to maintain

What is our primary use case?

The company I work for mainly uses Palo Alto Networks Prisma SaaS to secure our network.

How has it helped my organization?

Having them there to support our network and watch in real-time has been a huge benefit.

What is most valuable?

Its hands-off security and the fact that we don't have to maintain it are the most valuable features.

What needs improvement?

They automatically update and they should give us time to fully understand what they're updating so that we can make sure it doesn't impact production.

It is a very stable solution and I would rate them best in its class.

I believe in Palo Alto Networks' scalability. They will grow as our company grows.

Before we started using this solution, we tried to secure our networks ourselves. That did not work out so we started using another vendor. However, since we switched over to Palo Alto Networks, we've watched them support our network in real-time and it has been a huge benefit.

I wasn't personally involved in the initial setup, but our IT director was. He reported that it was straightforward and easy to configure.

It is difficult to determine a specific ROI as its main function is securing the network. Since installing this solution we haven't had any penetration or malware, so it has definitely kept us protected.

I am not sure about the cost, but my advice to others would be that it is not a mistake going with them. You get what you pay for and I believe they are the best in their class.

We did evaluate other options but only Palo Alto Networks could offer what we were looking for.

What other advice do I have?

They're unique in that they're watching our network. They're just constantly updating and patching, watching for potential threats. As long as they keep on doing that but allow us time to understand what they're updating before they do it, it would help out.

You get what you pay for. They're the best in class. I would rate it a nine out of ten.