Palo Alto Networks Threat Prevention Review

The self-updating and self-alerting systems require very little management overhead

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use this solution for general user security and protection. In our organization, there are around 250 users, using this solution.

How has it helped my organization?

Its simplified management interface, self-updating, and self-alerting systems require very little management overhead.

What is most valuable?

Edge protection is a valuable feature. Also, WildFire I think has been the most valuable active protection against a zero-day.

It's also very intuitive and user-friendly.

I have been using this solution for roughly five years.

Both the scalability and stability of this solution are fine for our needs.

The technical support is excellent; I would give them a nine out of ten — their response time could be better.

The initial setup was pretty straightforward.

We had an SE help us with the installation.

The pricing has improved with the newer generation of their Firewalls, but the price could always be lower. In comparison with other solutions, I believe they're quite competitive.

What other advice do I have?

If you're going to use this solution, you should have a professional set it up for you.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give this solution a rating of nine. They're cutting edge. They're one of the leaders in the industry, and they're continuously improving their product.

Version 9
More Palo Alto Networks Threat Prevention reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Cisco NGIPS
Find out what your peers are saying about Palo Alto Networks, Darktrace, Trend Micro and others in Intrusion Detection and Prevention Software (IDPS). Updated: June 2021.
521,690 professionals have used our research since 2012.