Palo Alto Networks Traps Review

Offers a complete overview of all our PCs and it's very easy to handle and use the interface

What is most valuable?

We have a complete overview of all our PCs and it's very easy to handle and to use the interface. It has a lot of benefits for us.

What needs improvement?

The one area which should improve is not on the user side but on the product itself. Currently, if you use Palo Alto endpoint protection as the only solution it's very complicated to remove pre-existing threats. For example, if you had something that was not detected by the former solution, and you install Palo Alto, you will have some difficulty removing the virus with the Palo Alto tool. It would be helpful if they had a tool for removing a virus or threat in these cases.

I've been using the solution for two years.

The solution is very stable. We have about 350 licenses across all our PCs, and of course, only administrators are allowed to plug in.

Scalability is not an easy question. For us, Palo Alto traps is running on a good environment, so if we have a plan to expand we just adjust the environment and from the Palo Alto side, it is not a problem at all. The only thing I have to do is update the license file and it should work. But in the case of a bigger expansion, you have to separate the servers. For us, it is not a problem at all if we decide to scale Palo Alto traps.

Support response was very fast. I'm satisfied with the support.

If you have been educated in Palo Alto, the initial setup is very easy. Without an education it depends. It can be difficult, it depends on the knowledge of the installer.

What other advice do I have?

We use the on-prem version, not the cloud version of Palo Alto.

We use it daily but we have logs. Normally, if we have an incident in detection from a wire system, there's more effort. But typically it would take about ten minutes in order to check the logs and it's not complex at all. But if you have some threats or viruses then, of course, maintenance takes longer.

In terms of advice, I'd say it depends on the usage of the PCs. For us to use in the main production, Palo Alto benefited us. It was easy to install and performance of the traps themselves are very good. In most cases, you don't have to worry about the performance of the PC at all. Palo Alto Traps takes up very few resources.

I would rate this solution 9 out of 10.