Palo Alto Networks VM-Series Review

A solid operating system with all the necessary data center security features

What is our primary use case?

I have some financial experience with the program. We use it with Cisco and Fortinet technology, and have integrated it with NSXi.

It has had good performance.

As an integrator, we need to understand the business case:

1. The customer's needs.
  2. The implementation phase.
  3. Provide clarity and clarify details with the customer.
  4. Relate to their business's needs more than the technology system.

How has it helped my organization?

I am an integrator. Palo Alto Networks has improved my position in the cyber security market here in Paraguay. It is easy to sell. Basically, I just need to implement the demo and the program starts itself. So, it has improved our position in this market. It is a program with very strong performance in an excellent position along with quality data sharing. Overall, it has improved our width.

My clients have a group who will be on the security scheme. They now know the details about their network traffic that they did not know before: Applications that they are using and some application they did not know they were using. It has improved the retail control of their traffic and the users on their network.

What is most valuable?

• Its strong intelligence is the feature that I like the most.
  • A solid operating system with all the necessary data center security features.
  • Easy to manage.

What needs improvement?

When you have a client compare box against box, a lot of times Palo Alto is a bit more expensive, but its network firewalls have a very rich ratio.

No issues. We did integration with NSXi and the system works likes a charm. There have not been any issues in regards to the format, delivery, or management. It has worked great.

I have not encountered any problems.

I have not had to call the technical support yet, which makes me very happy.

Their pre-sale team, who assisted us initially, consists of very responsive, kind people.

We were previously Cisco partners. It is different since it is a network company.

It is very simple. They have a very unique approach to simplicity. You have to do some basic set up to some parts where it will be needed. Therefore, it is simple compared to Cisco or Check Point. Also, it is very flexible.

The licensing is pretty much like everyone else.

In each case, it depends on the expectations of the customer.

I have worked with Fortinet, Cisco, and Check Point. However, once I began to work with the Palo Alto Networks, it became my preference for cyber security.

Compared to Cisco, Palo Alto is a much better product.

What other advice do I have?

It is a great product. It is a great company, and I am very glad to work with them.

Use the learning material that Palo Alto has free on their webpage. The customer should compare it with other products. They need to see the product and understand the power that that technology brings to cyber security. In this case, they can see the benefit against risks to your network and its capacity to prevent threats.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Integrator and partner.