Palo Alto Networks VM-Series Review

Simple, stable, and it has better security aspects compared to other similar solutions

What is most valuable?

The most valuable aspects of this solution are that it's simple and stable. It has better security aspects compared to other similar solutions. But we don't fully utilize all of the features yet.

We have recently begun working with Palo Alto Networks VM-Series.

It seems scalable as of now. In the future, as my traffic foes and with the new sites coming, we have to see how much there will be when the network becomes more demanding.

Our clients are enterprise-sized.

It's very easy to get the documentation so we have not needed a lot of help from the support team. We have a three-year subscription for necessary support for any issues.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward for someone who has been working with firewalls and has knowledge about these products.

What other advice do I have?

It is one of the best solutions as far as firewalls go.

I would rate Palo Alto as a nine out of ten.

In the next release, I would like for them to develop an anti-malware functionality in which it checks for malicious files like Cisco has.

More Palo Alto Networks VM-Series reviews from users
...who compared it with Cisco Firepower NGFW Firewall
Learn what your peers think about Palo Alto Networks VM-Series. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
455,962 professionals have used our research since 2012.