Palo Alto Networks WildFire Review

Good Sandbox Capabilities and good technical support

What is our primary use case?

We are a security company working in the security system for the banking sectors, and we're trying to penetrate through the identity and access management products for our clients.

We work with all of the Palo Alto technologies.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of this solution are sandbox capabilities.

It removes all of the potential risks that come with attached documents or any macros from the vulnerability to be extended to Wildfire and to ensure that these kinds of attachments do not contain ransomware.

What needs improvement?

Our main concern is that everything has to be synced with the WildFire Cloud and has to be checked through the subscription.

In the next release, I would like to see some integration with other products, with endpoints and management.

Also, there are too many features for the client to research.

We are starting to implement it into the Egyptian market. We closed one of the deals only last month. But, we have been working with the Next Generation and WildFire since 2015.

Technical support is working fine. They have helped us a lot.

We are using Forcepoint, Palo Alto the Next Generation, Cortex, and Panorama.

They are currently working on sandboxing for an on-premises version rather than a subscription for WildFire through the firewall.

The price is a bit higher than the other products such as TrendMicro, or FireEye.

We lost an opportunity where the client chose FireEye for the price.

What other advice do I have?

It's a very good product.

I would rate Palo Alto Networks WildFire and eight out of ten.

More Palo Alto Networks WildFire reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Check Point SandBlast Network
Learn what your peers think about Palo Alto Networks WildFire. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
511,773 professionals have used our research since 2012.