Palo Alto Networks WildFire Review

Different deployments available, highly scalable, and plenty of features

What is our primary use case?

We are using the solution for our zero-day advanced persistent threats(APT). Additionally, we are using it as our only sole network distribution.

What is most valuable?

I have found that there are many good features found with this solution. There is the option of cloud and an on-premises version.

The service-level agreement(SLA) provides the ability to converts the unknown to the known in less than five minutes.

The environment analysis runs in multiple areas and does not just execute in one area, such as the virtual hypervisor.

The solution is completely integrated with all the other Palo Alto products. I think that it is the best part for endpoint protection. The firewall features include URL and DNS filtering, threat protection, and antivirus.

What needs improvement?

The threat intelligence that we receiving in the reporting was not as expected. We were expecting more. Additionally, we should be able to whitelist a specific file based on a variety of attributes.

In a future release, they could make the solution be a stand-alone deployment, one that does not need another Palo Alto solution and can integrate with any other solution from another company. For example, we could use this solution together with other solutions, such as Fortinet firewalls or endpoint solutions.

The solution is stable and reliable. Since it is on the cloud we do not have to worry about this much.

The solution is scalable. We have approximately 400 users using the solution. We currently do not plan to increase the capacity because our maximum amount of users would be 500 users and we only have approximately 300 on-premise users at this time while the rest of them are working remotely.

I have found the technical support responsive.

Since it is a cloud-based version the setup was straightforward and easy, we just have to activate the license to use it.

We are on an annual subscription. When we purchased the firewall, we had activated this solutions license for a minimum of one year. The price of the solution is fair.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate Palo Alto Networks WildFire a ten out of ten.

More Palo Alto Networks WildFire reviews from users
...who work at a Government
...who compared it with Check Point SandBlast Network
Learn what your peers think about Palo Alto Networks WildFire. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,637 professionals have used our research since 2012.