Palo Alto Networks WildFire Review

Traffic is scanned in a single flow which improves the response times for the user

What is our primary use case?

We use Palo Alto Networks WildFire for firewall and IT services. We also use it for bank security requirements. They are remarkable for support of threat analysis on files.

How has it helped my organization?

There are always problems with the operational files. You can only do malware identification. That is the way that this device functions.

All of the traffic is scanned in a single flow, which improves the response times for the user. This is how Palo Alto Networks WildFire helps our organization.

What is most valuable?

We appreciate the support of Palo Alto Networks WildFire for our next-generation firewall equipment in deployment.

What needs improvement?

There are certain changes that I was expecting in the previous version, and I hope that they are soon fixed. Their database has good Information over threats because of Unit42 however there is a serious competition to the product from Cisco ThreatGrid and Umbrella

I don't think there are any major features that are different from Palo Alto versus their competitors but with time the PA needs to improvise on products and threat feed if it needs to be the leader

More than five years.

I regularly work with companies with over 2000 users and they safely use Palo Alto Networks WildFire. I haven't seen any problems with stability.

At my company, we use it regularly. For my previous customers, it's a first for them to use Palo Alto products.

Using virtual settings, scalability with WildFire is awesome. On the physical configuration, it is harder and more independent. The scalability is limited there.

There are very good options available with the Palo Alto Networks WildFire. They have given me options for all the support that I need.

With internet speed, the settings range from 2GB or 10GB to 40GB. There are a lot of internet settings options, so I guess they're very scalable in that.

We are not an overly large company, so I can say safely around 400 to 2000 is the user base of people that we support.

Palo Alto's customer support is good. They are awesome. I would rate them nine out of ten for technical support services.

We have not compared this product with other but we would like to evaluate the options if they are available.

They have many different options with Palo Alto WildFire and the setup is quick. The deployment normally takes around 15 minutes.

If you have all the details in hand, it does not take more than 15 minutes to deploy a wildfire and integrate them. Most of it has been deployed before the said timeframe. The only challenge is for tuning on policies and implementing it with DLP to make sure it is in compliance. The key point that I look for while protecting the customer is to make sure that they don't have any opportunities for a malware attack.

An integrator was not required for deployment. I did the installation myself. We had very good documentation. I just needed to read the documentation thoroughly and it was deployed.

Palo Alto does not require any additional costs to the standard licensing fees, but we have the regular license model. If I just want a firewall, then I need to buy two licenses.

If we use a VM base, then I need to buy the VM base license, along with the support package from the provider. However, without the license fee, I need to buy IPS support separately.

Other products like Cortex Data Lake support also need to be licensed separately, but that is a wonderful feature.

With Palo Alto, I can just go buy whatever extra features I want, and they give me a 30-day free license, so that is useful for me.

I can go ahead and buy the product, or if it is not for me anymore, it is free to try. That is a good way to sell their products too. Our subscription runs on a yearly base.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from 1 to 10, I would give Palo Alto Networks WildFire a 8 for safety.