Palo Alto Networks WildFire Review

Excellent threat protection, great technical support, and an easy setup

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use Wildfire products to prevent attacks. As resellers, we showcase the Wildfire capabilities like handling known and unknown threats on the customer side.

What is most valuable?

The way that the solution quickly updates to adjust to threats is the solution's most valuable aspect. When there's a security attack, within five minutes, all Wildfire subscribers have access to updates so that all systems will be safe. Its threat prevention is way better than other vendor products.

What needs improvement?

In terms of threat prevention capabilities, the solution doesn't need any improvements that I can see. We've been quite satisfied.

The size of Palo Alto's cloud is big but it could be easier to use from a product management perspective.

I've been using the solution for nine months now. I'm new to Palo Alto Networks but I have been using the solution since I started working with Palo Alto Networks on the reseller side.

We've dealt with technical support in the past. Once you open a ticket from the support portal, you will be assigned an engineer. That engineer will only focus on your case until it is solved. It's unlike other vendors that don't necessarily give you the same engineer or service representative for the same ticket. It offers good continuity when there are issues to be resolved. We've been quite satisfied with their level of service.

I've used Sophos Firewall in the past. They can also block or scan threats.

The solution is very straightforward. Setting it up is easy. We just create a Wildfire profile then apply it on the security parcel. It is pretty straightforward.

The pricing of the solution is a bit higher, but it's worth the extra money you will spend because of the protection that you get.

What other advice do I have?

I really recommend Palo Alto Networks. Out of 10 stars, I would give 11.

I would recommend the solution because it's so easy to deploy and when you read the security profiles, it's very easy to handle, unlike other vendors. When it comes to threat protection, the features are easy to use and understand.

Other