Palo Alto NG Firewalls Review

Enables us to differentiate between Oracle and SQL traffic but it could use more reporting tools

What is our primary use case?

We use the firewall for securing the data center. We have designed it to be a two-stage firewall. We have a perimeter firewall which is not Palo Alto, and then the Palo Alto firewall which is acting as a data center firewall. We are securing our internal network, so we have created different security zones. And we assign each zone a particular task.

What is most valuable?

We have found the application control to be the most valuable feature. Also, Layer 7, because all other products are working up to the maximum capacity. But Palo Alto is benefiting us, especially in application control management. We are able to differentiate between Oracle traffic and SQL traffic.

What needs improvement?

The solution needs some management tool enhancements. It could also use more reporting tools. And if the solution could enhance the VPN capabilities, that would be good.

I have been working with this solution for four to five years now.

The solution is very stable, but I think the local providers have no sufficient products. We are looking for more support.

The solution is very scalable. We are trying to increase usage. We are planning already to increase our internet center. We are planning to extend our users to around 1,500. Currently, we have about 700 users.

The local consultant support needs some improvement. External support is sufficient for us.

The initial setup was easy for us to implement.

We used a consultant for the deployment portion.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution 7 out of 10.