Palo Alto Threat Prevention Review

Total Solution for Content Filtering & Intelligent Firewalls

What is our primary use case?

For a total overall solution, Palo Alto Threat Prevention can satisfy most of your needs as a company. Right now, we are implementing Cisco ASA and renewing our Palo Alto license.

How has it helped my organization?

All of the Palo Alto Threat Prevention functions are good. We feel like the product is comfortable to use and is what it should be.

Palo Alto Threat Prevention is recommended for large enterprise organizations and SMEs. We have good results on our follow up calls with clients using the software.

What is most valuable?

Most of the features of Palo Alto Threat Prevention are alright. I recommend features like content filtering, IP address, & intelligent firewalls. The reporting feature is very good.

What needs improvement?

In most areas, Palo Alto Threat Prevention is a fine choice. The application is very good. The most important feature we find to be the NCR Reader. It is best for application security. I don't know how they could improve it more. The application is already working fine with good results.

Support is really good with Palo Alto and we are resellers of the software to our customers. They will let us know how they find it valuable after we implement it. Most of our customers have found Palo Alto Threat Prevention very good to use. We have a number of customers in the market. Everybody is happy with the product. Overall, Palo Alto Threat Prevention doesn't need much more. From a general point of view, you get everything. If it is content filtering, it should be no problem.

More than five years.

The stability of Palo Alto Threat Prevention is very good when compared to Cisco.

Generally, to deploy it will take some downtime, about a day. For customization, it will take you a little more time. For the maintenance, around one week. It depends on the project.

For most projects, I have around three people dedicated to product support and maintenance.

The scalability of Palo Alto Threat Prevention is very good. For most of the requirements, we find it very easy to implement and deploy.

We have about 20,000 users on Level One, 80 agents at Level Two, and around 30 big operations on Level Three.

For me, Palo Alto Threat Prevention customer support is very good. I am happy with the technical support from Palo Alto.

We just replaced a firewall, so we didn't find the setup to be complex. We have network rules to convert. For the rules and connections, we use tools from Palo Alto to convert them.

We implement the firewall setup for our customers. It generally takes a little bit of time, i.e. one or two weeks to customize the policy that they use.

The old rules we can remove with Palo Alto Threat Prevention, which is nice.

We take licensing on a yearly basis. Palo Alto provides a straightforward cost structure on the annual plan.

What other advice do I have?

If you are a first time user, you should be pretty pleased with it. I would rate Palo Alto Threat Prevention a nine out of ten.