Palo Alto Threat Prevention Review

An excellent firewall with an easy setup and good stability

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution as a firewall.

What needs improvement?

It's not so easy to set up a test environment because it's not so easy to get the test license.

The vendor only gives you 90 days for a test license; it's a tough license to get.

I've been using the solution for two to three years.

The stability of the solution is quite good.

So far, scalability is okay, but you don't really need too much scalability in a firewall solution.

Technical support is good. We do get some support from the reseller.

We do have other solutions that we run in parallel, but it isn't like we had one solution and then we switched to Palo Alto.

The initial setup was straightforward. It's quite easy. Deployment took one to two weeks.

The pricing is a bit higher than the competition, but it's okay. The cost seems cheaper than Cisco's Firepower.

What other advice do I have?

We use the on-premises deployment model.

The solution is very good, especially compared to other solutions. I would rate it nine out of ten. It also offers re-instruction detection and prevention software, which we also use in conjunction with the Threat Prevention solution.