Palo Alto URL Filtering PAN-DB Review

Provides Threat Protection Across a Variety of Internet Connections

What is our primary use case?

We operate in the automotive industry. Internally we work with computing and networking equipment, concentrated on collecting, storing, processing, and distributing enormous amounts of data. Our company deploys this solution for internal web security purposes.

How has it helped my organization?

The Palo Alto solution has improved our organization by providing threat protection across a variety of internet connections. Our company also gets valuable insights regarding threat analysis.

What needs improvement?

One way Palo Alto can improve is by offering sandboxing. I don't know if they currently offer a sandboxing feature together with the firewall or not. They should provide secure sandboxing with the firewalls.

Three to five years.

The stability of the solution is good.

The initial setup and configuration was straight-forward.

The solution was deployed by a small team of about five people in our facility. Their roles included end users, application developers, and system administrators, etc.

I would say it will take another three to four years to realize any significant returns on our investment.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend using this solution as an enterprise-class security, including a firewall and protection for Microsoft Edge. This solution can also be used as a data center or file storage tool for workloads (small or large).

I would rate this tool as a 7 out of 10.