Palo Alto URL Filtering PAN-DB Review

Enables us to have better visibility and protection from threats and is incredibly stable

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is for both internal and external firewalls.

How has it helped my organization?

It's allowed us to have better visibility and protection from threats.

What is most valuable?

• Next generation rule set
  • Much more granular

What needs improvement?

Performance monitoring could use improvement.

Less than one year.

It's incredibly stable.

Their technical support is very good.

We were previously using Fortinet Fortigate.

The initial setup was very straightforward. The deployment took five minutes. Our implementation strategy was to build everything out using existing data.

We implemented with ANM. They were good.

Pricing and licensing are excellent.

We also looked at Cisco Firepower.

What other advice do I have?

Demo this first and then other competitors and you'll quickly see what's the right fit and which is the superior product.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

1 Comment
author avatarInformation Security Officer at a government with 501-1,000 employees
TOP 5LEADERBOARDReal User

To add on... Palo Alto just released 9.0, which adds a huge amount of even better functionality. Their Endpoint Security - TRAPS just also released a new version (6.0) and they are incorporating XDR functionality soon, as well as correlation for anomaly detection across the combined data stream from both firewall and endpoint platforms. We have already started testing SSL decrypt months ahead of schedule and incorporated multiple threat feeds. It just keeps getting better with their forward-thinking vision of a modern security platform and ecosystem.