Panaya Test Dynamix Review

I get a consolidated view and reporting and it enables us to build a workflow that we can customize to our requirements

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is for reporting and as proof of all the testing that is done.

How has it helped my organization?

I like the fact that we have a single platform that provides all the features and where it is possible to have good reporting capabilities as opposed to integrating a few systems in order to achieve some of the functionalities. My biggest concern is always the consolidated view and the reporting that I have available.

What is most valuable?

The features I find most valuable is the fact that you gain the auto recording of the evidence as you execute the test cases from the 15 sites. Secondly, I like the collaboration amongst team members. The third thing I like is sprint feature, which is based on your weekly or bi-weekly sprints where you have all your development or functionalities, and where you want to roll it out in the next few days. It's easy, it's online and you can drag and drop.

When I think from a project governance perspective, the fact that you have a place for all your releases, and where you can drill down or add extra attributes to the pages for recording additional information is very valuable. I also like the building workflow that you can customize to your requirements, as well as the inputs and export features on the pages.

What needs improvement?

I think the costs can be improved because replacing the existing solutions with Panaya was actually quite expensive. Especially since it is an open-source product that requires a lot of security control.

I would also like the deployment of the custom codes to be handled in the system as well so that you can your build scripts and track all the fast links. So from that perspective, I would want to have the deployment prices being taken care of as well.

I think from a stability perspective, it's good. I remember at a time we were using it with Oracle ERP, and there were some issues, but I think that was an isolated scenario and we were using the wrong browser.

The scalability is good and we had no issues with that.

Some of our questions were answered very quickly. Others had to be redirected, and it took a little longer. I think it may be due to the time lag between Europe and America, so there was a small delay due to that. It may also be due to the availability of specific expertise, which may not be in Europe but in the US, so they had to wait to get an answer to the question.

The initial setup was not complex and the product itself is very easy to configure and use. I didn't see any complexity, but you need to know where you want to go and how you want to do that. My advice would be to consider using all the expertise and geo availability - especially for a new product. It's always good to speak to the people who have implemented it before and learn from their experience.

The solution is rather expensive due to the security it has to offer.

What other advice do I have?

There is always room for improvement, so, on a scale from one to 10, I would give it at least an eight.