Panda Security Adaptive Defense Review

Enables you to drill down and get a good overview of which applications you are using that are connecting a player to the next local operation center

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for all the processes in our environment. When we test processes, we put it in audit mode where it basically launches itself. It tests the applications and processes that are used, and then it restructures the entire environment. You turn it on protective mode so that every time a new process starts in the environment, the administrators are notified. This allows the administrators to decide if they want it to route wired or not.

What is most valuable?

The feature I find most valuable is the advanced search engine. It is really easy to drill down by the logs to search for any connection from any user station. It allows us to easily figure out if any station is, for instance, connecting to Russia, China, Korea or any other place. So one can easily drill down and get a good overview of which applications you are using that are connecting a player to the next local operation center. It is then very easy for the security operation center to figure out if they are under any threats.

What needs improvement?

What I like about this product is the pitching and versioning of the application itself and I would like to use it for the documents and the public protection. I would like to see better data protection, for instance using fingerprints to log in.

We've been using the Panda Security Adaptive Defense ( /products/panda-security-adaptive-defense-reviews ) solution for a few months now.

The solution is very stable and does not slow down the system at all.

Panda is very scalable and it is easy to compare to other machines that come into the process on a daily basis. We currently have 100 users on his program. Then we have one administrator and one supervisor who decide whether the software is compatible.

The technical support is excellent. The technical team knows what they are doing and any request or question we have, gets fixed within a matter of minutes.

We used SSPS antivirus program for our clients, as well as AVG AntiVirus. We had a chance to test Panda Security before putting it in production. When we saw the capabilities of the program, we decided to switch to it.

The setup is really easy, you only install the Panda Security Adaptive agent, and it will show you the basic information about the system. Then you can switch to whatever you want function you need, like to manually run the scans and force the system to update itself. The program is really easy to maintain.

We used an integrator and his support team. We are also resellers of the product.

We definitely saw a return on investment.

The capabilities of the extra search engine cost a little bit more and the availability of extra lifetime amounts to about 100 Euro's per company per year. I don't think that is expensive. My advice to others would be that they should first try it out a few solutions before they decide which solution is the best for them. Test it first to see the possibilities of the product.

What other advice do I have?

There are a few options to change or improve, but so far the product is very good. I will rate it a nine out of ten.