Pandora FMS Review

Easy to use and enables us to track SLAs of servers and IT Services

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution to monitor IT services and infrastructure. Servers, network devices, applications, virtual and cloud environments can be monitored easily using Pandora FMS via agent or agentless. Also, we are tracking the SLA of our services.

How has it helped my organization?

Pandora FMS (the Flexible Monitoring System) is an all-in-one package solution, and we can monitor our whole system with Service perspective.

It gives us the ability to track SLAs of servers and IT Services.

It's easy to use and not costly compared to other products.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are:

• It's an all-in-one solution for monitoring cloud, virtual, network, and server environments
  • Service perspective monitoring
  • Agent and agentless monitoring
  • Effective reports
  • You can configure several types of architecture for high availability or load balancing.

What needs improvement?

You can run an action for an event, but sometimes you need to run a workflow action that consists of several commands or scripts. A nice feature in the next release would be an automation module to run workflow actions. It would be perfect for automated monitoring.

Three years.

I have used HP OpenView solutions, Micro Focus ITOM products, and Zabbix.

The license part is not as complicated as some other solutions. You get the license and it includes updates, new versions, and access to the complete library of modules.

We evaluated a couple of other solutions before settling on this one. They were Nagios and Zabbix but they were too complicated at first sight.

1 visitor found this review helpful