Pandora FMS Review

Reporting facilitates discovery and remediation of security issues required for industry compliance

What is our primary use case?

We utilize Pandora FMS to accurately maintain an up to the minute, easy to digest visual on inventory and security throughout our network for certain industry compliance of workstations and servers. We are a multi-OS environment and Pandora FMS fits nicely as it supports all of our Operating Systems with provided modules.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution has allowed our IT staff to visualize and pinpoint key security vulnerabilities in our business network workstations and servers. This has provided an opportunity for our IT Department to apply corrective measures. Network monitoring is fun again with Pandora FMS.

What is most valuable?

Easy installation of the Windows-based agent has made reporting foolproof. This solution has screens that are easy to understand and provide a wealth of information. Inventory tracking and auditing have become much easier to visualize. Ability to integrate with other software is very helpful, as well.

What needs improvement?

Better support for custom themes would be greatly appreciated. I would like to have a dashboard with all assets displayed, with a quick hover-over status. Think "at-a-glance" style view of all assets on one page. This would make it easy for data center admins to get an overall picture.

Four years.