Pandora FMS Review

Good network visibility, easy to use, and has good documentation

What is our primary use case?

In comparison with most monitoring software, this software is incredibly easy to use. It does 95% of what we want it to and the remainder is currently waiting on new features that have been added to the roadmap.

How has it helped my organization?

Although the version I use is not the enterprise, Pandora FMS allows our company to accurately maintain an up to the minute, easy to digest visual on inventory and security throughout our network for certain industry compliance of workstations and servers.

Being a solution running on Linux, it gives us an excellent relationship between hardware requirements and the number of agents that can be managed effectively. It supports up to two thousand agents using less than 4GB of RAM, which today is a fairly modest amount.

What is most valuable?

This solution is able to fulfill any task of monitoring and control of hosts in an outstanding way.

It has a really complete Wiki and documentation, where they explain from the purpose to the configuration and use of its immense number of functions.

It allows me to quickly see the status of all of my printers, switches, computers, and virtual machines to determine if any system has fallen.

What needs improvement?

In its versions for Linux, in the beginning, it can be somewhat complicated to configure and implement. The Windows version is easier to configure but less stable in my opinion.

This solution requires proper training to get 100% out of it.

The life cycle seems to be very short, but you get what you pay for.

I have been using this solution for one year.

The Windows version is less stable than the Linux version.

The Linux version is more difficult to install and configure than the Windows version.

The Open Source Community Edition is great to just explore the software, or use it on medium-sized infrastructures.

Open Source Community Edition
More Pandora FMS reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with Zabbix
Learn what your peers think about Pandora FMS. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: April 2021.
476,163 professionals have used our research since 2012.