Panorama Necto Review

Necto looks promising & very good choice for small and medium size company, handling of large data volume might be bit challenging

What is most valuable?

I am in the process of suggesting a new BI tool to our management team and I am looking at the different BI tools available.

Certainly Necto is good when it comes to:

• Infographics
  • Multiple database connections
  • Security

It has nice social features which can give context based discussions, search for users and relevant content within the system.

Necto has a Twitter-like feeling since we can subscribe to users in Necto. Subscribing to one of our colleagues lets us follow all the changes made to his or her workboard.

What needs improvement?

I am disappointed at following points

• Lack of BigData talks
  • Predictive analytics looks a bit immature

Nowadays everybody is moving towards BigData and in this scenario, if any tool falls short in this area then it is a red signal for all of us.

Less than 1 year

Yes. In my opinion, Necto isn't scalable for a large amount of data. It cannot handle BigData.

We have not used customer service so far.

We have not used technical support so far.

I am into the process of suggesting a new BI tool to our management team wherein I am looking at the different BI tools available on the market.

We have not used any BI tool so far and we may explore OBIEE next.

It was smooth

It was a trial version to check the feasibility.

Necto has not been implemented yet. We ran a POC to check the features and capabilities and hence there is no ROI so far.

Necto has not been implemented so far. We ran a POC to check the features and capabilities and hence there is no cost involved.

What other advice do I have?

I would like to make one comment to the user community - if you are looking for powerful tool which can support large scale databases and BigData Analytics, Necto is NOT an option. Please refrain from using it.

More Panorama Necto reviews from users