Panorama Necto Review

It's intuitive and good for interactive analytics with excellent in-memory performance, although I'd appreciate a personal edition for installation on Windows Home Edition.

Valuable Features:

I used this tool for a regional sales dashboard and I confirm that it is one of the best data discovery BI tools I have ever used.

What I extremely appreciate is that the tool is easy to use, and with a simple click you can import data from multiple sources to build visualizations. It's very intuitive and very good for interactive analytics.

Also, Panorama Necto has excellent in-memory performance.

Improvements to My Organization:

This BI tool helps to limit the dependency on IT for data discovery in the company. It's very much a self-service BI tool.

Room for Improvement:

It is only able to be installed on Windows, and they should offer a Linux-based version as well. Also, the big data technology support is also very limited.

I would also appreciate it if there would be a personal edition that I can install on Windows Home Edition for my client to assess the product. The free edition is the only one that allows the client to connect to a Necto server in the cloud, It is not possible to install the full Necto solution (client and server) in the Home Edition of Windows.

More Panorama Necto reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about Panorama Software, Tableau, Microsoft and others in Business Intelligence (BI) Tools. Updated: June 2021.
510,882 professionals have used our research since 2012.
2 Comments

author avatarit_user300768 (Director at a tech services company with 51-200 employees)

Felix, Necto runs through a web browser and does not need to be installed to Windows Home Edition or any particular operating system.

author avatarit_user214938 (Lead Technical with 1,001-5,000 employees)

Web browser runs client, the server is installed in windows. Necto server cannot be installed in home edition for tutorial purpose.