Panorama Necto Review

It's intuitive and good for interactive analytics with excellent in-memory performance, although I'd appreciate a personal edition for installation on Windows Home Edition.

Valuable Features:

I used this tool for a regional sales dashboard and I confirm that it is one of the best data discovery BI tools I have ever used.

What I extremely appreciate is that the tool is easy to use, and with a simple click you can import data from multiple sources to build visualizations. It's very intuitive and very good for interactive analytics.

Also, Panorama Necto has excellent in-memory performance.

Improvements to My Organization:

This BI tool helps to limit the dependency on IT for data discovery in the company. It's very much a self-service BI tool.

Room for Improvement:

It is only able to be installed on Windows, and they should offer a Linux-based version as well. Also, the big data technology support is also very limited.

I would also appreciate it if there would be a personal edition that I can install on Windows Home Edition for my client to assess the product. The free edition is the only one that allows the client to connect to a Necto server in the cloud, It is not possible to install the full Necto solution (client and server) in the Home Edition of Windows.

1 visitor found this review helpful
2 Comments
Director at a tech services company with 51-200 employeesVendorTOP 10

Felix, Necto runs through a web browser and does not need to be installed to Windows Home Edition or any particular operating system.

11 November 15
Lead Technical with 1,001-5,000 employeesReal User

Web browser runs client, the server is installed in windows. Necto server cannot be installed in home edition for tutorial purpose.

11 December 15