Panorama Necto Review

The data analysis feature and other analytic tools helped us drill down to the root cause of a problem and helped us find a solution, but it should support operating systems other than Windows.

What is most valuable?

Necto 15 as a BI tool is outstanding. It has many features which would make life easier for people in an organization that had to deal with large volumes of data. As a real user of Necto, the following are the few features which I liked most:

1. Simple and easy to use.
  2. Automatic analysis and recommendations to generate basis dashboard from raw data, i.e. the Self-Service feature.
  3. Enhanced data visualization with a wide range of tools and features.
  4. In-cell info-graphics for better data visualization.
  5. Workboard sharing with other users.
  6. Inline comment features to highlight a specific issue in a workboard.
  7. Automatic recommendation of similar already generated dashboards for better data analysis.

How has it helped my organization?

There are couple of occasions in the recent past where Necto 15 has really saved our day. There was one such occasion when we were unable to find the cause of a decline in sales for a particular item, whereby Necto 15's data analysis feature and other analytic tools helped us drill down to the root cause of the problem and helped us to find a solution to the issue.

It is an excellent tool and it's always recommended for people who love to play around with data.

What needs improvement?

Like every other tool, Necto 15 also has some drawbacks. As a user, following are the features which I felt should have been there:

1. It should have support for operating systems other than Windows.
  2. No trial version or home edition available which a user can download and play around in their local machines to understand the product before making the final order.
  3. The workboard feature should have been more simple and easy to use.
  4. Apart from training videos, there should have been documents which users could reference to understand the vast range of features that are available in Necto.

Almost a year now.

Customer service is very helpful and always there to address your problems whenever required.

They have a very active online forum where you can get answers to almost all of your technical queries. Besides, the customer service is always ready to assist you. Also, there are quiet a few training videos available on the Panorama site which one can refer to learn new things about the product.

We have been using a couple of custom-made reports before switching to BI tools with Necto.

The initial setup was pretty easy and straightforward.

We implemented the product through a third-party vendor and gradually our in-house team took over from them. They were quiet knowledgeable, helpful and understood our problems very easily.

If you are looking for a low-price BI tool which would give you maximum value for money, go for Panorama Necto.

Yes, but since we we had very limited budget and we were looking for a tool which would give us maximum benefit within an affordable price, none of the other tools that we evaluated met the criteria.