Parallels Remote Application Server (RAS) Review

Good price, good performance, and easy to use

What is our primary use case?

We are using it through the ProLiant ERP solution.

What is most valuable?

Its price and ease of use are the most valuable. It is simple and has good performance.

What needs improvement?

Generally, it is a very good solution. The main thing that I would improve is their presence here in Mexico. They don't have strong local support here in Mexico. They should have a worldwide presence so that we don't have to do everything through the people in the US.

The initial setup was a little bit complex because we were migrating from Citrix. For customers who are migrating from another platform, such as VMware or Citrix, it would be great if they can provide an automated migration solution.

I have been using this solution for two months.

Its stability is very good.

Its scalability is good. We have around 30 users.

Their technical support is very good. I would rate them a ten out of ten.

The initial setup was a little bit complex because we were migrating from Citrix, but we got help from them all the time. The deployment took about two days.

It is very affordable.

What other advice do I have?

To use it, it is important that you have a requirement to deploy on the cloud. It is not the right solution for on-premises deployments. It is the right solution for cloud deployments. It has a very affordable price and the highest capabilities. It is really good.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

More Parallels Remote Application Server (RAS) reviews from users
...who work at a Government
...who compared it with Citrix Workspace
Find out what your peers are saying about Parallels, Citrix, VMware and others in Application Virtualization. Updated: June 2021.
512,221 professionals have used our research since 2012.