Parallels Remote Application Server (RAS) Review
Provides a stable, reliable client gateway for access to our cloud platform

What is our primary use case?

We are an MSP and use Parallels RAS as the client gateway for accessing our cloud platform.

How has it helped my organization?

Allows staff to work from anywhere with an internet connection, on just about any connected device.

What is most valuable?

Stability and reliability. Because our clients use this as the way to access their work every day, and we use it to support them, we need to know it won't let us or them down.

What needs improvement?

We have been working with the Parallels team on some printing issues and are hopeful they will be resolved in the next patch release.

We only encountered a stability issue with version 13 but that was quickly updated and repaired.

No scalability issues so far. We have supported thousands of concurrent users.

Technical support has always been great. They will work through any issue until it is resolved and have been very knowledgeable about their product. We have seen a number of issues we have raised over the years become features or fixes in the next update.

Citrix and native RDS. Citrix was more costly for a product that was no better and RDS has had a number of limitations over the years.

Initial setup was straightforward. If you have a multi-site farm and multiple levels of redundancy, it does add complexity, but less than any other products I have used.

The pricing has always been competitive, and the new SPLA licensing model works great for our business and clients.

Citrix, MS RDS, and Ericom Blaze. We also do keep an eye on the other products in the market to make sure we are always providing the best solution for our clients.

What other advice do I have?

Install a demo and give it a go. It is very quick and will generally be all you need to be converted to a user of Parallels RAS.