Parallels Remote Application Server (RAS) Review
Client compatibility with many systems makes it very versatile, reporting is awesome

What is our primary use case?

We use it for remote access to applications.

How has it helped my organization?

It has been much easier to manage and has provided us with faster performance than Citrix.

What is most valuable?

Client compatibility with many systems makes it very versatile. The reporting that is included is awesome.

What needs improvement?

The customization of the web interface could possibly use some improvement. Little things, like being able to place a background image instead of just choosing from a palette of colors, would be nice.

We would like to be able to re-label the OTP (One Time Password) popup so our users can easily recognize that they are to put in their DUO code on that line. Most users see OTP and ask what that is.

We would also like the ability to provide a popup message, such as a maintenance notification. That same notification on the Parallels client would be awesome.

No issues with stability.

No issues with scalability.

We have not needed to call in or create a tech support ticket.

We previously used Citrix, and we switched due to price, performance, and ease of management.

The initial setup was straightforward.

Just compare it to Citrix and you will see the value in it.

We evaluated the newer version of Citrix as well as MS Remote Desktop Services.

What other advice do I have?

Just try it out.