Parallels Remote Application Server (RAS) Review

Allows our Cloudpaging applications to be delivered to non-Windows machines

What is our primary use case?

To provide applications to Macs and standalone Windows machines, also Linux and Android devices from appsanywhere.

How has it helped my organization?

Allows our Cloudpaging applications to be delivered to non-Windows machines all via our standard portal which is appsanywhere.

What is most valuable?

Its integration with Cloudpaigng and AppsAnywhere. We use Cloudpaging to package and deploy the vast majority of our applications to our standard Windows 10 desktops. With the use of Parallels integration into Software2 AppsAnywhere hub, this means we can use the same packages to deliver Windows applications to almost any device - Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, Linux, Xbox One, PS4 - just by ticking a box.

What needs improvement?

It needs Windows scaling on Android/iOS devices. At present, the concept of delivering apps to Android and iOS devices is appealing, but the reality is that the screen size on these devices is so small that, unless there is some scaling option, it is not really usable.

Still implementing.

No stability issues yet.

No scalability issues yet.

Technical support is very good..

The setup was done by the vendor and seemed straigtforward.

What other advice do I have?

Run a trial and see if it meets your requirements.