Parasoft Service Virtualization Review
Great tool for virtualizing (web)services

I’m a frequent user of Parasoft products, amongst those products is Virtualize. Virtualize is a tool that enables me to create virtualized services. In my case, most of these have been webservices. Virtualize isn’t limited to webservices only as it supports other kind of services as well. One of the best features of Virtualize (and all Parasoft products) is that it is very open. Meaning that if the feature you seek isn’t supported out of the box, the Eclipse IDE most of the time will have a solution available for you. If this isn't available either, there is always the open API which can be used to build in your own solution. This allows you to alter the tool specific for your needs.

At this moment Virtualize is able to be used in a Continuous Delivery environment. Service Virtualization enables agile teams to start more early and shorten the time to market, combined with a Continuous Delivery solution it enhances this strength. Therefore, in my opinion this is one of the best advantages for Virtualize. Other great advantages are:

• Generating stubs from Logfiles, WSDL’s and or code
  • Ability to alter responses based on one or multiple attributes of your liking
  • Wizards to help you get started with any stub you would like to create
  • It easily can be scaled to any setting you like

There is one big disadvantage in my opinion:

• Lacks the ability to handle asynchronous webservices via the wizards

Disclosure: This review is a personal view on the product and is independent from my employer.

7 visitors found this review helpful