Parasoft Service Virtualization Review

The Environment Manager (EM) component is one of the cleanest, easiest, and most impacting part of the application.

Valuable Features

The Parasoft Service Virtualization product is very user friendly. While there are other products in the market that achieve similar results, most all are highly technical and require a fully technical background to execute. Parasoft's product is easier to operate, and drives the user to make the right decisions and complete the work efficiently. I'm not at all implicating that the product is not technical, because if you are a technical engineer with the background in scripting and working with such products, you can go 'under the hood' of the front end user interface and be as technical with Parasoft as any of their competitors.

I would have to say that the Environment Manager (EM) component is one of the cleanest, easiest, and most impacting part of the application. The graphical interface of the EM screen allows you to setup and configure a blueprint of your environments and within this same application, you can setup the EM screen to drive the activation/deactivation of the virtualized components. With one simple click, you can run the LIVE application/environment, or you can run the virtual instance, or you can drive the application to return positive or negative results. You can also determine a delay (which is perfect for Performance Testing) to enable the virtualized response to wait X seconds to respond. You can even set it to respond in random seconds. The whole EM component gives a feel that you are behind the wheel, and you can see the whole road. Kudos to Parasoft for implementing this as part of their virtualization and SOATest solutions.

Improvements to My Organization

I was fortunate to execute a proof of concept with Parasoft with a previous employer. we saw the value immediately. That employer chose a competitor, but only because the competitor product was already in house and there was no cost to using their product. Otherwise, Parasoft would have won the head to head comparison.

In my current role, we use Parasoft Service Virtualization to fill gaps within our environments, to enable testing earlier, and to enable us to test situations within our test environments long before the environments are ready for use.

Room for Improvement

There are none at this time. I like their structure of licensing. You don't have to buy seated licenses, you can buy a server license which will cover anyone who is using the server. This allows you to expand your team without having to buy new licenses.

Use of Solution

Two years

None at all. It was easy, smooth, and the Parasoft support is awesome.

None.

None, the product works with all of our other test management tools, and the integration was seamless.

10 out of 10. I have the ability to reach the top of the company if needed. They were onsite for every meeting during the reviews, in short notice, and they sent their CSO out to finalize the deal, which showed their commitment to the engagement.

10 out of 10.

I have used another solution with a previous employer. I switched because I moved to a new company, but when I joined, we were evaluating service virtualization solutions and i suggested that we look at Parasoft due to my previous evaluation of their product.

Very easy to setup, and as mentioned, they provide very detailed and hands on support.

Implementation Team

We leveraged Parasoft to get us stood up, but we had engineers to take over and work on the product.

ROI

Cannot disclose that as it is confidential to my company, but ROI will be very positive.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

As mentioned, they provide a very competitive pricing model, and one which will not require seated licenses. Makes it easy to get everyone on the product and using it as you expand.

Other Solutions Considered

Not at liberty to disclose, but we would have looked at all the common competitors in this space.

Other Advice

If you don't have a SV product in house, you need one. Even if you don't think you do. All you have to do is evaluate how long you wait for a test environment to be ready so that your testing can start. Or how many times you have a 3rd party application not ready for you and you have to wait, or you have an environment down and testing has to stop. There are so many other uses for it. But when you realize these values and you are ready to purchase, you need to get a demo of Parasoft. You won't regret it.

1 visitor found this review helpful