Parasoft Service Virtualization Review

Low technical knowledge required to start using the tool.

What is most valuable?

• Quick generation of virtualized services.
  • Reuse of common data in other fields as test automation (using SOATest) or test data management.
  • Low technical knowledge required to start using the tool.
  • Environment Management gives organizations a powerful visual interface to manage and create virtualized service.

How has it helped my organization?

• I've used Virtualized on some different projects with different protocols and technologies such as: WSDL, IBM MQ, Proprietary protocols and XML. In general I noticed some improvements for organizations.
  • Easy integration with another tools in order to boost the SDLC agility. This enables organizations to speed up their SDLC providing test environments as soon as possible.
  • Allows one to discover how the services operate and disseminate information in organizations where there are undocumented processes and key individuals hold all the knowledge about specific processes. This is very helpful to have a system vision to create virtualized services as required.

What needs improvement?

Reports about status of test environments.

I've been a Parasoft Virtualize user for the past 3 years.

No, installation is very friendly.

Only about the memory, if you don't meet the minimum RAM required, performance is not stable.

Excellent.

Very good

I tested tools from other vendors. We decided to use the Parasoft solution because it's more powerful and very easy to use.

It's very friendly. It takes minutes to install the tools and start to use. The interface is Eclipse based, so some people it can be familiar. Anyways, if you are not a very technical person you will found the interface easy to understand.

What other advice do I have?

Parasoft have a lot of information on their website. This is valuable information because the majority is based on real customer information. You can consult case studies and reports about benefits of service virtualization solution, even if you are already involved in service virtualization you can review this information about best practices.

Please feel free to contact me if you want to hear more about Service Virtualization and how this is related with SDLC in order to meet solutions as Continuos delivery, Continuos Integration and Continuos Testing.

9.6, 9.8, 9.9
**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Parasoft Partners
More Parasoft Service Virtualization reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about Parasoft, Broadcom, Micro Focus and others in Service Virtualization. Updated: May 2021.
509,820 professionals have used our research since 2012.