Parasoft SOAtest Review

Regression controls help to create a baseline response and ignore the dynamic values.

What is most valuable?

• Has the ability to add regression controls and scripts in different languages for parts of the test script.
  • Regression controls help to create a baseline response and ignore the dynamic values, so we can compare against any future builds. We can tell the impact of any change right away. We can tell which APIs we need to focus on for the API backward compatibility. This feature was not found in any other product that I have used.
  • The scripting support provided for Java scripts and languages that rely on Java is very helpful. This skill is easy to find in the industry.

How has it helped my organization?

It used to take a couple of days to run several scenarios of the billing project at AOL. I was able to automate a collection of 72 APIs and the back-end batch jobs, so as to run the whole thing in under 30 minutes.

What needs improvement?

I was having trouble with the browser automation on my Mac laptop. They need to make it easier, so as to configure and run this tool on Mac.

I have tried to automate purchasing QuickBooks from our corporate intranet. I could not signup for the Free Trial from the below URL, due to security certificate issues:

I got busy on other projects and did not revisit this. Apparently, I did not have similar kind of issues while using the Windows OS laptop, in the past.

There were no stability issues.

There were no scalability issues.

A few years ago, I would have given technical support a rating of 10/10. However, I would now give them a rating of 7/10.

Its ease of use and the variety of protocols that it supports are the main reasons why we switched solutions.

The setup was straightforward.

We evaluated several home-grown and open-source tools such as JMeter, Postman, and SoapUI.

What other advice do I have?

This is the best tool for API and back-end automation.