Primary Use Case
The primary use case for adopting Parasoft SOAtest is to test web services/middleware testing (SOAP/REST/MQ/SAP RFC/EDI/FTP).
- REST: WADL and JSON.
- SOAP: WSDL.
- SAP RFC
- Message queuing supported: JMS, MQ, and NET WCF.
- Protocols supported: TCP/IP, FTP, EDI, WSDL, WADL, WS-*, UDDI, RMI, EJB, webMethods, TIBCO, SMTP, and custom.
- Third-party tool integration (plug and play)
- Stored procedure testing and DB validation
- UI recording through Selenium WebDriver
Improvements to My Organization
Parasoft SOAtest has improved the quality of our automated web services, which can be easily implemented through service chaining and service virtualization.
The best feature to integrate with third party tools is the integrated plug and play without any rework, which makes it more valuable than any other tools.
Parasoft SOAtest has more visibility in regards to testing support data and reporting mechanisms.
Through Parasoft SOATest, we can automate our scenarios in a data driven format, which shows there is no rework on scripts. We only need to update the test data and run for a number of scenarios.
- Easy handling of RESTful APIs/SOAP calls.
- Getting the data on the API performance side, such as response time and segregation of failed API issues based on returning code captured by fault injections.
- Comparison of current responses with baseline response to figure out issues in case of failure with an exact location point.
- Diff control tool
- Different service types of support (SOAP, REST, SAP RFC, and UI recording)
- Third-party tool integration: GitHub and Jenkins.
- Plug and play
- Service virtualization
Room for Improvement
Reports could be customized and more descriptive according to the user's or company's requirements.
Use of Solution
More than five years.
Customer Service and Technical Support
I have had an awesome experience while working with the customer service/technical support teams. They have resolved issues within a day or two.
If issues are reported to the Parasoft Support Team, they will resolve them by taking it to t-con or v-con. Also, they are very supportive and well-versed with the proper information.
We have been using this solution for quite a long time.
I have used other solutions as well, but I did not get proper support during our testing due to the constraints for testing in particular areas.
It is simple to do the setup starting from installation until usage. It does not require any specific skill (i.e., it is the same as any other tool installation).
They were well-versed with the proper information.
We are completed satisfied with Parasoft SOAtest. The ROI is more than 95%.
Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing
It is a commercial tool. The license price is a little expensive, but it provides a better outcome in terms of the end-to-end automation process.
Other Solutions Considered
While evaluating tools for web service testing, I tried different solutions (freeware and highly-used), but they did not provide some mechanism/features that I could test my respective scenarios to FTP, EDI, MQ, and even SOAP calls. Because of this, I moved back to the existing solution.
I have been using this solution for more than six years. I have not found any issues while doing automation.
Disclosure: I am a real user, and this review is based on my own experience and opinions.