Pega BPM Review

Flexible and can be configured to meet our requirements, but reporting and notification capabilities need improvement

What is our primary use case?

We are using Pega for content management and as a ticket management system.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is flexibility, as we can configure it to best suit our requirements.

What needs improvement?

The reporting does not work well for us. If we have somebody working on a ticket or request, we are not able to track the end-to-end time. Also, the assignment is not happening correctly. Ideally, they should have panel management reporting.

The end-user notifications need to be improved because there is a delay.

It is not fully compatible with all versions of Internet Explorer, so sometimes, it does not work. There are technical glitches because of this.

I have been using Pega BPM for about three and a half years.

We have experienced technical glitches with the use of Internet Explorer and with reporting.

I don't feel that there are any issues with scalability. That said, until our concerns with reporting are satisfied, we don't want to scale.

The technical support is good.

The initial setup is not complex, although I would not say that it is simple, either. You need to know the technology to implement it.

Our in-house technical team was responsible for the deployment, and we had a consultant working with us.

The pricing is pretty good, compared to other similar products.

What other advice do I have?

We are changing systems because we are trying to bring total service delivery into a common platform, and Pega is not able to handle the requirements. We are interested in a user-friendly solution without reporting glitches and difficulties.

The suitability of Pega BPM depends on the requirements. For smaller companies, where one or two products are being serviced, I would recommend it. However, I suggest that larger enterprises consider other tools.

For what they are providing, I think the pricing is fair.

I would rate this solution a six out of ten.

Private Cloud