Pega BPM Review

Cost-effective for medium enterprises, stable, and easy to configure, but needs better reporting and better compatibility with Microsoft browsers

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for HR automation or HR service delivery.

What is most valuable?

It is quite configurable, which is the most exciting feature. We can easily configure it as per our needs.

What needs improvement?

Reporting is not so clear and not so great. We really struggle to get the right reporting. When we need reporting based on the content of the tickets, we are not able to get it. The MIS reporting is not great. That's one of the reasons why we are switching to ServiceNow.

Its compatibility with the higher versions of Internet Explorer should be improved. It really works well in Mozilla Firefox or any other browser, but when it comes to Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer, sometimes, the layout gets disturbed. The positioning of the buttons changes, and there is some distortion in the layout. I am not sure whether it is our configuration problem or Pega's, but when it is working in Mozilla Firefox, it should also work in Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer.

I have been using this solution for almost three years now. We started using it in late 2017.

It is stable. We haven't faced any downtime or any other issues.

It is quite scalable.

My team would know about it, and I personally don't really get into those details. After the implementation, our teams are on their own. I don't think they are reaching out to Pega support frequently because I don't see any product issues as such. Everything is configurable, and it is running daily.

It is not so complex, but it needs an intermediate level of skill set. It is not so complex, but it is also not so easy.

It is cost-effective for medium enterprises. It is cheaper than ServiceNow.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend this solution. It is more cost-effective as compared to other products. It is the right product for medium enterprises rather than a highly-expensive solution such as ServiceNow, to which we are switching. When you're implementing it, you should configure it in the right way with all categories, subcategories, and other things.

I would rate Pega BPM a seven out of ten.

More Pega BPM reviews from users
...who compared it with Appian
Learn what your peers think about Pega BPM. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
512,711 professionals have used our research since 2012.