Pega BPM Review

One of the best solutions in terms of performance, capability, and stability

What is our primary use case?

We are developing campaigns and business solutions on top of Pega. It is a part of the campaign management solution that we have. We are also using it for the core business. We are offering personalized content, personalized product, and personalized information for each of our customers. Pega is one of the main products for us for pricing, catalog, and content. It is being used for everything.

What is most valuable?

I have a lot of experience in this kind of industry, and Pega is one of the best solutions in terms of performance, capabilities, and the way we develop.

What needs improvement?

It should have integration with non-relational databases. A lot of databases are non-relational, and as a company, we are planning to move to NoSQL or open-source databases. It would be good if we are able to install and use Pega on a NoSQL database.

They can also try to tailor or organize the company a bit differently and go more towards the microservice concept.

I would like Pega to develop machine learning and intelligent AI algorithms. They have a good foundation in terms of the model and the stuff that we are using for some customers, and it will be good to onboard as many machine learning algorithms as possible.

I have been using this solution for a couple of years.

It is one of the most stable solutions, but you need professional expertise. If you are working in a professional way, you won't have issues. If you install it on top of any provider as a database and you are not able to tune the database, you will have issues. Every product has bugs, but it is a more stable one.

We have 25 to 30 customers who use this solution.

Their technical support is fine. There is always room for improvement, but overall, it is fine.

I have used different products and shifted to Pega. In the past ten years, I developed an in-house solution, and I also hired a company to develop it for me, but that was not enough. Now I am relying on Pega in Google Cloud, and it is running my business strategy and everything else. It is one of the best solutions in this category. I can't even compare it with other products. Based on Gartner's ratings, Pega is one of the top ones.

Its installation is straightforward. I don't see any big issue. We are using it on Google Cloud VMs. We are not using Pega container, but I know another company that is using it fully in a container.

For its deployment and maintenance, you need highly skilled people.

We mostly have a yearly license.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. I have been recommending it to different customers across Europe. It is a professional product, but you should know what you are doing. If you don't know what you are doing, you might think it does nothing, but if you are mature enough to understand the power and potential of Pega, you can do magic with it. You should have the know-how, and you should know a customer's expectations.

One of the reasons why some customers are getting a lot of success is because we have Pega and Data Lake or big data platforms close to each other. Data Science runs the algorithm on the Data Lake, and we propagate the data and the segment to Pega. This way the customer gets a high value. They are doing a great business because they have the potential data, and they can combine and build campaigns and segment customers on an individual basis. After that, your big data is in real-time, and you have real-time notifications. You are doing everything in real-time.

I would rate Pega BPM a nine out of ten.

Google

8.5
More Pega BPM reviews from users
...who compared it with Appian
Learn what your peers think about Pega BPM. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
510,204 professionals have used our research since 2012.