Pega BPM Review

An extremely powerful platform that provides the ability to define processes, build reports, and get insight on data

What is our primary use case?

It is a multi-tenant offering for developing applications. We have its latest version.

How has it helped my organization?

Generically, at the moment, it can take things that were non-functioning processes and crossing stovepipes and make them function.

What is most valuable?

I have found a lot of features valuable. The ability to define processes, build reports, and get insights or analytics on data is most valuable. It is a powerful platform.

What needs improvement?

The way the IDE works with the chatbox and the taxonomy imports could be a little smoother.

There should be quicker approvals for CDH. It is a bureaucratic approval process to be able to get those particular licenses.

I have been using this solution for two and a half years.

It is stable. Like everything, it depends on the quality of the knowledge of the people who are using it.

I like it. It allows for a lot of multi-tenancy.

In terms of usage, it is in its initial use areas, but it is rapidly being adopted.

I have interacted with them. Our overall experience is positive. They have some good folks there. Occasionally, their system doesn't realize the urgency of a problem if the problem isn't in production. If your problem isn't currently causing production failures, the turnaround time can be slower than expected.

We don't use Pega exclusively. We've got other stuff in there. There are some things for which one solution is good, and for another set of things, another one fits very well.  It just depends on the application, the tendency, and the purpose.

We brought in experts. Our experience with them was positive.

What other advice do I have?

The advice that I would give is that when spinning, think about if you're setting up a private one. You should also think about your tenant or your organizational control structure for multi-tenancy so that you can have a mix of licenses for tenants while not overly complicating and having to maintain tons of different work control layers.

Before you start up an app, take a look, run the wizards, and see what you can reuse from the structure. Its wizards are very good to use when starting up. There are a lot of powerful data models and workflows that you can use as starting points. You can also simply reuse and rename them.

Whenever you're building things, work with your team regularly on the data model supporting it so that you have a lot of reusable capability. So, you enhance it. It is worth the time to meet weekly with your team over your data architecture.

I would rate Pega BPM an eight out of 10. There is a bit of a learning curve, but it is extremely powerful. When you get into it, then you realize that it is far more powerful.

Private Cloud

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
More Pega BPM reviews from users
...who compared it with Appian
Learn what your peers think about Pega BPM. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,281 professionals have used our research since 2012.